Thursday, September 3, 2009

The next best thing....



So today is my birthday and Dave has been asking me for the past 2 weeks....what do you want, how do you want to celebrate...well unfortunately we all know what I want, but I got the next best thing-New Pictures and Updates on the kids! Funny-they came by e-mail at about 11:30 last night! I have been sick all week and not really able to sleep so I was on the computer and was so excited to see the e-mails!! It is so uplifiting and energizing to get updates and new pictures-even after waiting as long as we have-it still has the same effect on us! The picture above is of their orphanage in Ethiopia-can't post any others. We sent a package of stuff with a traveling friend and she was gracious enough (in so many ways!!!) to visit our kids and take pictures and spend some time with them! Boy-do we miss them, but they are healthy and well cared for, which gives us some peace of mind.

I know people are wondering what is going on with our case and how could it ever take this long-but we are in it for the long haul no matter what-they are our kids. They are working on our case and that's about all I can share-we are optimistic, but cautious so hopefully we will have news in the next month or so. Technically, courts are closed (except for open cases-which ours is) until October 1st and supposedly they have 1 judge staying on to hear open cases as they are resolved. We'll see...


Keep praying for us and especially the kids!

1 comment:

ellerbee eight said...

Lisa! Gina ellerbee here. I somehow lost your number during our frantic moving of our daughter into college. I was an emotional wreck with my head in the clouds. I so wanted to meet you. I just want you to know how highly I think of you. You have been a huge blessing to those children, and more importantly, those kids will bless you far more than you will bless them. So happy for you and hope someday to meet you. Grace said you had a lot of information on older kids. Once you get settled, I would love to pick your brain about the resources you have. Hugs. Congrats!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker