Monday, September 28, 2009

Life is GOOD!!!

It was only 2 weeks ago today tht we received a call about the boys...feels like they have been with us much longer and we can't imaine life without them!  They have mastered bike riding and swimming already along with many other things! They are like sponges constantly soaking up new information-faster than we can imagine.  Ha Ha-If anyone knows how to set up parental controls for ALL electronic devices-Please call me!!  I need to learn these things FAST!!!  I think Fit had taken apart everything he possibly can get his hands on-he is a spit fire-total boy and we love him for it!!!  For those who are familiar with the Ethiopian shrug-Fit is a master at that too-but it is short lived and we all laugh and respond by saying "Ethipian Drama"-including Yoseph!!  Yoseph has the funniest sense of humor and always comes out with something that makes us laugh-it is amazing how much English he knows and understands!  He is so mature and has experienced more than we can ever imagine, but he is finally able to be a kid and he is enjoying it.  They truly are amazing-we are blessed!

We took them to church today-they enjoyed it and were even singing the songs!  Finally got a photo of the 4 of us-not the best, but will get more soon.  I will post a  few more that I took!!  One of my favorites is Dave and Fit sleeping on the chair-it is adorable!

We decided to chage the name of our Blog to "God Bless the Broken Road"...for those Rascal Flatts fans (we love them!!!)-the song says it all.  Here are the lyrics if you are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Nzs-r9ZUc 
We have had so many ups, downs, twists and turns in our adoption, but God had truly blessed the broken road for us and will continue to do so.  You just never know what your path will be!

We are bringing the boys to the beach/park tomorrow for fishing, soccer, and lots of playing!!  Should be fun!  We are taking another week off with them and then plan to put them in school the first week of October.

Thanks to everyone for their support!!

Lisa & Dave





8 comments:

Courtney Erickson said...

What great pictures!! They look like they are having a GREAT time. I am a Rascal Flatts fan and have listened to that song and realized how it relates to adoption. I admire you so much for opening your hearts for Y and F. They are truly beautiful and amazing boys. Please tell them that they have a friend in Kansas who prays and thinks of them every day. Even before all the chaos, they were in my heart. Thank you for those photos, they will truly give me peace!!

Rebecca said...

What beautiful kids! I'm so very happy for all of you! Congratulations and may God bless you richly! Rebecca

Sandee said...

I am so happy. My heart is so full for you. I could sing and dance. Blessings, blessings, blessings.....can't wait to keep following your story.

Ask them if they know Mame....I would love to hear any stories.

Hugs.

Renee said...

They are so handsome :) Love the sleeping in the chair pic, it is so sweet to see. You guys make a beautiful family together!

rLn! said...

The picture of dad and son is a definite keeper for when that young boy will be a grown up...he'll remember that precious moment as but one of many loving moments and erase any hurts lurking in the background of his heart.

GOD bless you both for allowing GOD to heal these boys' hearts through your loving acts.

Bennett said...

awwwww. I love it, Love it, Love it!!! so nice

Rachel said...

Beautiful photos!

~holly said...

Hey! Update your blog! I wanted to leave you a note that I'll be praying for you 3rd court date. Oh and I like the new blog title. That's the song I sing about my husband... :) God bless! (Your boys are handsome!)

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker