Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Boys!!!

 My hope was to post daily, but I already missed a day!  Wait until I go back to work, Ugh!!!  I crashed on the couch last night and slept like a baby-all catching up to me!  So here's a quick re-cap of the past 2 days! 

We took the boys on the boat yesterday-they loved it when Dave went FAST!!! "Speed" they yelled! I guess it is a guy thing-I prefer a nice, quiet boat ride, but obviously I am outnumbered!  They loved fishing and swimming and were in awe over everything!  It was a fun day! 

This morning we were talking at breakfast and the boys shared that they really want to change their names-moe American.  I am torn-I am really against it-we both want them to keep their Ethiopian given names.  But we had to laugh-Fit explained to us "WHY" he wants an new American name. In perfect English and some good visusals/gestures-he said-"when meet people they say what is your name"  I say "Fitamlak" and they say "Fit a who, what, etc... and they can't say it".  He also had all of the gestures to go along with it-very dramatic.  It was so funny-we nearly fell out of our chairs.  We all got a good laugh.  He said he wants a bible name so he looked through the bible and chose three names-Joshua, Jacob and Peter.  Yoseph wants to change his name to Joseph.  This is definitely something we need to think long and hard about-I just love their ET names and can't imagine them as anyone else. 

Here are few pics of "the boys"!!!   Off to the Dentist tomorrow...should be fun!!!




1 comment:

Renee said...

LOL about the speed thing! Typical.

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but they could take American middle names or something, and go by them when they want to, but still have their ET names if they decide they want to go back to them. I could certainly understand, esp. at 14, wanting to be able to fit in easier. It must be a really tough decision for you. (((Lisa)))

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker