Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Funny Times...

We all had a blast at the beach/park today and the boys were so good!  A few friends came with us and the boys fished (Yoseph caught 2 fish!!), swam, played-had lots of fun!   Few funny stories to share-at least the ones I can remember-Fit was in the water playing ball with 2 other kids and the ball went far out so I swan out and got it for them.  On my way back,  I overheard a coversation between the boys.  They asked who was getting the ball and Fit said "my mom".  They said-"who is your mom" and he said-"that's my mom" pointing to me and they looked at each other and said "that's you mom" with puzzled looks on their face and Fit said- "Yeah, that's my mom" (with attitude-like how could you NOT know that was my mom) and they said-"Oh, Ok" and carried on playing".  The whole exchange was kind of funny and I just love how Fit didn't think anything of it.  Obviously we don't look the same, but that doesn't matter one bit to him!  I was tickled by it! 

Yoseph is so sweet!  We are still learning this whole parenthood thing and aren't used to food shopping for more than 2 so I have gone to the grocery store basically every day (not to mention the boys are GREAT eaters!!) since we have been home.  Today, I decided I really needed to make a Sams trip to stock up.  I went to Sams after dinner (my first time away from the boys) and Dave took the boys bikeriding.  About 8pm I get a call from Dave and he says-Yoseph wants to know when you are coming home-he doesn't like it when you are not here when it is his bedtime.  He misses you.  How sweet from a 14 year old, right?  That is just the way Yoseph is-very true, caring and thoughtful-touches your heart!

One last story and then I must go to bed....bedtime and Fit don't always see eye to eye!  He came out of his room tonight after about an hour (we thought he was sleeping) and told Dave that he was hot.  Dave went in his room and found the DVD player hiding under his pillow!  No wonder it was so hot-the DVD player gives off tons of heat when you are watching it.  Meanwhile-we were celebrating b/c he went to bed pretty easy tonght in his own bed-little did we know why!!  Typical kids....

Here are a few more pics from today!!

Lisa & Dave



9 comments:

rLn! said...

It's a "GOD-thing" to be surfing "Next Blog" and get yours. The lay-out is like one of my blogs, but what caught my eye was the word GOD...

GOD bless you indeed for the love of GOD put into action. i sponsored an Ethiopian girl for a few years through a charity, but broke my commitment.

i want to adopt this young boy from Naselesele Village in Taveuni, Fiji, but i don't have the means to offer him the life that would benefit him best. All i can do is pray for him...

ellerbee eight said...

I love it! Keep the stories coming. They are hysterical. Your boys are so sweet. You are going to have some great days ahead of you!

Rebecca said...

I'm just so happy for you and your boys. They have a wonderful home and family with you! Keep the stories and pictures coming!

Julie said...

I love it. When we were in the hotel in Addis the kids snuck the DVD player in bed too. We learned to move all the electronics into our room at night :-)

Renee said...

Bwahaha!!! ROFL about the DVD player!
And what a special thing to have Y. miss you at bedtime. That is so sweet it brought tears to my eyes. God is so good! I'm just so overjoyed for you all.

Bennett said...

Well u know I was a bag of tears after Y being so concerned a/b you! You are so right, that is very typical of him! Such a sweet person. The pic reminds me of Fits while I was in ET, he wanted to be the little helper and do everything!!! So sweet. I agree w/Gina keep the stories coming.

Celeste

Courtney Erickson said...

LOVE THOSE BOYS!!! Keep those great stories coming!!

Chris said...

LOVE the pictures and your updates :)
I am so happy for your family an for the boys . They could have not foun a better family.
Congratulation.
Chris

Rachel said...

Your sons sound just awesome! Glad to hear that you are all adjusting so well!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker