Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Life with BOYS!!

I don't even know where to begin...my dreams of blogging daily didn't last too long!!  It has been over a week since I last posted-reality hit....and also back to work too!  It's late so I will post some highlights of the past week and a few pics! 

The boys had so many Dr. visits and samples last week-I think they just woke up and said-which Dr. are we going to today-but all tests have come back great-they are very healthy boys-Yoseph "Joseph" gained 10 lbs in 2.5 weeks (hence all of theSams trips!!) and Fit "Alex" (will share later) gained 5 lbs!!  Fit had some dental issues and had to have 3 teeth pulled last week (poor kid)-but he was a riot at the dentist.  He actually wanted to watch the whole thing-mirror and everything and when they got his tooth out he cheered!!  The ladies in the office (who were phenomenal with him) were cracking up and insisted that he will be in the medical field when he gows up!!  Just when we thought the Dr's visits were over.....get ready for this....Joseph broke his wrist/arm Friday night.  He was trying skateboarding and fell and attempted to brace his fa nd landed right on his wrist.  Dave took him to ER and they put him in a soft cast and then he wnt to orthopedist yesterday and they hard casted it.  He was pretty miserable this weekend and in some pain-but he is doing 100% better now!  I went through the whole-I am a horrible mom-how can I let this happen...but soon realized BOYS will be BOYS and it will probably not be our last ER visit.  We can't keep them in a  bubble and want them to live their lives so things like this will happen-I just wish it didn't happen so soon!

The boys both started school Monday.  2nd and 7th grade at Dave's school. The night before- Fit (once known as Peter) decided that he wanted to be called "Alex"-he's been watching "Madagascar".  Well-he put it on all of his school books so the name has stuck and all the kids in school call him by Alex. Kind of funny...We still call him Fit and sometimes Alex. When the time comes to change it-we will probably go with both names-Fitamlak and Alex.  They both love school and are doing very well.  Joseph was pretty nervous (I can't even imagine being in his shoes)-but he said today that the kids help him and he has made a few friends and school is now "good"!!  We are getting a pretty good routine with school, dinner, homework, play.  Not much time for anything else though!!  Huge relief that school is going welll!!!

They also met some of their cousins this weekend and had a fun time playing with them!  We were at my aunt's house and the boys were playing he piano too and having a blast! They just love learning new things! 

There so much more...but it is almost 12 and I have to work tomorrow. Here are a few pics of the boys.  Few of the first day of school in daddy's car, Fit with injera (Ethiopian bread that we ordered from internet-it was great, but the whole 20lbs of bread lasted about 4 days) and them playing the piano (yes Fit also has a harmonica in his mouth).

More later....







5 comments:

Renee said...

They are such handsome boys! It's so great to read your updates, but I can only imagine how busy you must be.
Hope Yoseph's arm heals quickly; you are NOT a bad mom. My son is only 4 and I cannot believe the crazy things he attempts. I blame it all on testosterone!

Bennett said...

awww poor baby, I sure hope it heals quickly also. Lisa they are so cute. I love all of Yoseph's curly hair.

Fits(Alex) looks so much bigger. I guess you can say that all those trips to Sams Club is to blame, well lets not forget all the god cooking you must be doing also.

I got your message sending out on Saturday.

Celeste

Chris said...

you sound like an incredible mom :)
The boys are so lucky to have found you .

FHL said...

Poor Yoseph! And I hate to say it...but you are right...boys will be boys... I hope his arm heals quickly and that he's back on that skateboard in no time!

They both look so happy and healthy! The pics just make me smile...and boy did I need one today after being on the court-date-roller-coaster all morning. Thank you!! :o)

Lisa Bates said...

Boys are boys! It's awesome!!!!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker