Sunday, May 2, 2010

6 More Days.....

6 More Days until they are home!!!!  I think it hit me today when I spoke to Dave this morning and he was actually in Ethiopia!  Made it all so real!  It is so cool-we have been able to speak through skype!  He is doing well-safe and sound.  He went shopping today for all of the stuff that we wanted from Ethiopia!  I laughed-he said Ayele (our driver in Ethiopia)  said I shop better and can spend money much better than Dave!  SO true...Ayele and I were always shopping when I was in Ethiopia!  Hopefully tomorrow he will meet with Hope staff and get the paperwork done and also meet with the Dr. from the orphanage.  He is planning to get the kids on Tuesday-can't wait to hear all about it!!!

The boys are doing great-both missing dad, but they are good.  Joseph spent the weekend with my dad and Alex and I ran around and did lots of stuff!  We all spent the day today at the beach-nice end to the weekend! 

More later...

The Slover Family

4 comments:

Julie said...

If he gets a chance tell him to to to the Beza Entoto Outreach shop that is somewhere near the National Museum. It's HIV + women who make THE most incredibly beautiful jewelry. My husband just got back from there and bought 15 necklaces, some part real silver for about $100. Some we're using as gifts and some we're going to sell and try to keep buying more, etc.

Rebecca said...

I can't wait to see them come home!

Renee said...

I'm so excited for you!

Lisa Bates said...

Woo Hoo! Tell Dave that the Bates family with Lidetu and Henok say hello to Aeyela! He was such a great driver!

Wow! 6 more days. This is just incredible! Keep us updated!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker