Friday, March 12, 2010

Slover Family of Six....

The day has finally come for us....after 2 years, 3 months and 6 days we finally passed court for Danny and Yordanos.  We are just so elated that they are officially our chilren!  It couldn't have happened on a better day-also Alex's birthday!  It has been such a long journey for us all with so many ups and downs, we are just so glad this part is over and we can't wait to bring them home into our family.  The boys are extremely excited about their new brother and sister and are already making plans for them.  No travel dates yet-we expect to travel in 5-7 weeks hopefully.  Dave will go to Ethiopia this time to pick up the kids, while I stay home with the boys.  As much as I'd love to go (and yes it is killing me not to go)-It's still to early to leave the boys or to bring them back to Ethiopia.  They have made so much progress and are really doing wonderful it has just been an amazing transition the past 3 months.  God works in amazing ways and always has a plan-I think we needed this transition and healing time with the boys before we could bring Danny and Yordanos home. I guess this was always the plan.   We always kept faith and knew in our hearts it would happen.

I can finally post some pictures of Danny and Yordanos YAY!!!  Here are few of the boys also and I will try to update this weekend more on the boys, who are officially Slovers now also-their adoption was finalized on 2/16/10!  I am going to try and be a better blogger-but with a family of 6 it may not happen!!





6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is wonderful news! So happy for your family! I just love the Bethel children. Congrats!!!!

Angi

Leppard said...

Yeah!!! I have been watching your blog for updates. Congratulations!!

Renee said...

Praise God! I am so, so happy for your family, this is such uplifting, wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

I'm so so so happy for your family! What fun times are ahead for all of you!

kisha said...

Thank you Lord !-- I am so happy for your family. Congrats

Gina said...

Congratulations! I am also adopting through Hope. Actually my agency is Nightlight and they are partnering with Hope. I know that Laurie just came back from Addis, but we didn't get any news. I am adopting a little boy named Yosef, who is 11 months old right now. I would love to connect with you if you are interested. My email is glister@carolina.rr.com. Good luck in your travels in the future. God bless!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker