Sunday, September 14, 2008

Adopting Older kids...this is precious!

This poem was posted on my yahoo adoption group! It was written for one of our members about 10 years ago when she was adopting her older boy. It is really precious as we think of our kids, Danny and Yordanos who are now 6 and 8!


The Waiting Child
By Debbie Bodie
I saw you meet your child today You kissed your baby joyfully
And as you walked away with her I pretended that you'd chosen me
I'm happy for the baby, yet Inside I'm aching miserably
I want to plead as you go by Does no one want a child of three?
I saw you meet your child today In love with her before you met
And as I watched you take her out I knew it wasn't my turn yet
I recognize you from last year I knew I'd seen your face before
But you came for a second babe Does no one want a child of four?
I saw you meet your child today But this time it was something new
A nurse came in and took MY hand And then she gave my hand to you
Can this be true? I'm almost six And there are infants here, you see
But then you kissed me and I knew
The child you picked this time was me!

No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker